Re: New shimbuns

> I've written four new shimbun definition files:
> sb-slashdot.el
> sb-perlentaucher-de.el
> sb-sueddeutsche-de.el
> sb-debugmagazin-de.el

Thank you for the contribution.  I'll test those mudules and
install them in the emacs-w3m CVS trunk.

> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 22:42:58 +0100 David wrote:

>> sb-sueddeutsche-de.el: shimbun for RSS feeds from www.sueddeutsche.de
>> (German newspaper).

> Especially for this one:  Thank you very much.

> Some comments:

> sb-sueddeutsche-de.el:25:7:Warning: assignment to free variable
>     `shimbun-sueddeutsche-de-group-url'

> (Easy to fix, change the first `setq' to `defvar'.  In case you did it
> b/c C-x C-e after a `defvar' doesn't change the value: C-M-x within a
> `defvar' works like `setq').

> I suspect this affects all your shimbuns:  in the copyright notice you
> use the old FSF address.  Just c&p one from another emacs-w3m file.
> Mind to put your full name and mail address on top of the copyright
> notice?

Moreover, it's better that lines are all within 80-column.  But
that's okay.  I'll tidy them all by myself.  Google said that
your full name is David Engstet.  Is it correct?

> I don't know the status of the discussion, but in case emacs-w3m becomes
> a GNU project (or part of) it may be important to know who you are and
> how to reach you for the paper stuff.

Unfortunately we are currently stalemated in the plan to import
emacs-w3m to Emacs.  But in general, it would be a good idea to
sign the paper for Emacs even though you don't have to do it in
a hurry for emacs-w3m now.

> For the maintainers:  I'll do some more sueddeutsche reading.  Consider
> it to be tested and working unless I write another post.  No need to
> torture the Japanese with the German language ;-)

Thanks.  Any shimbun module that works fine is welcome. ;-)