Re: tool bar icon size problems

> I guess I was expecting ICONDIR to be something under PREFIX:

>   --with-icondir=ICONDIR  directory for icons \$(data-directory)/images/w3m

> If I specify --prefix=/usr/local, shouldn't ICONDIR expand to
> /usr/local/share/images/w3m ?

The default value of ICONDIR is determined according to the prefix
directory having specified when building Emacs, not the value
specified when building emacs-w3m (in reality, that is the value
of the Lisp variable `data-directory' which is derived from the
value of the prefix directory specified when building Emacs; the
default value of `w3m-icon-directory' is determined in the same
way).  That directory is next door to the one for Gnus.  I.e.,
"/usr/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc/images/w3m" for emacs-w3m and
"/usr/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc/images/gnus" for Gnus.  Isn't it
the best choice for the default?

Okay, I can imagine it's inconvenient for people who don't have
write access there.  But just for those cases we offer the
`--with-icondir' option and the `make what-where' feature.  If
making it derived from the prefix specified when building
emacs-w3m (the default is "/usr/local", maybe), I don't have an
idea to determine its default value ("/usr/local/share/..." seems
to be not necessarily a good idea).  Moreover, we have no means
to apply it to the default value of `w3m-icon-directory'.

BTW, I always install Emacs in "/usr/local/..." as a super user
and perform `chown -R yamaoka' and `chgrp -R foo' on
"/usr/local/share/emacs/VERSION/etc/",
"/usr/local/share/emacs/VERSION/site-lisp/".

Regards,