Re: saving cookies without remembering to type Q

I'm just recalling looking in the cookie files of the various browsers
I've used, and seeing all kids of rotting cookie goop from all kinds
of bleccch sites that I visited, whereas I really only want to save
cookies for a few sites...

NA> How do you think about adding new variable, named
NA> "w3m-cookie-save-domains"? If this is nil, emacs-w3m save all cookies,
NA> else emacs-w3m only save cookies whose domain match this variable. I
NA> think this solution is better than calling such function in each buffer
NA> he/her want to save cookies.

OK, sounds good. But also have a third value: 'already: only save
cookies from sites that already have saved cookies.

That way we won't need to list them explicitly in a variable, but
instead can take advantage of this new command that you perhaps could
implement and bind to some capital letters (below I call "magic
keystroke") that are hard to hit by accident, but not as hard as
typing M-x ...: Please implement a "w3m-save-cookies-current-site"
function.

The current site we are browsing's cookies (need at least one
already downloaded this session) are saved to file.

NA> I added new variable named w3m-cookie-save-cookies (default is t).

And this would have a new value too: 'only-save-currently-saved-sites

And voila! All one needs to do is just once press a magic keystroke
when browsing en.wikipedia.org, and one never needs to login again,
not next week, not next month.*

But as I never pressed that magic keystroke when using Google, I have
no Google cookie tracking my every wish and desire for the Big Brother
Man.

(Maybe there can be two variables, " 'already " and a second is a list
where I can say *.wikipedia.org, so I can save all the wikipedia
cookies without a magic keystroke on each site.)

>> As far as M-x w3m-cookie goes, it is not clear from its interface if
>> it saves to file or not, etc.

NA> I have no idea about how I can make it better. Any suggestions are
NA> welcome. :)

Maybe add some introduction at the top, as the user wonders: "are
these current or session or to be saved to file cookies? Why do I
need to click twice to delete a cookie?... etc.

*Also add a button inside M-x w3m-cookie to cheat: to make those
crappy one month Expires wikipedia cookies into PERMANENT cookies!
Muhahaha: one-click and it becomes permanent: never have to login
again! Or maybe add the ability to edit any cookie field. Yes, one
could edit the cookie file by hand, true.