emacs-w3m and macosx 10.5

Dear emacs-w3m team;

I like your work very much, but I have a problem with either w3m or emacs-w3m, not sure which as of today. But perhaps you have knowledge of this problem and have already a solution.

I have installed w3m and emacs-w3m on my macbook operating under macosx 10.5.4 and as you might already know, apple already installed a carbon version of Emacs-22.1 with Leopard, which is what I'm using. I have however, separately installed the Emacs.app from apple's open- source tarball with a symbolic link to the original carbon installation as follows: ln -s /usr/bin/emacs -> /Applications/ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs. I can open emacs either from Terminal.app or GUI version with double-click on Emacs.app icon.

When I use w3m from Emacs under Terminal.app I have no difficulties that I am aware of. When I use Emacs launched from GUI Emacs.app I get the following error message when Emacs.app is loading w3m: "Image conversion failed (code `1')" but application otherwise seems to work, without image conversion.

I have ImageMagick installed with "convert" installed in /usr/local/ bin; w3m installed with prefix=/usr/local; and emacs-w3m installed in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp. in my dot.emacs file I have the following code:

;;  w3m settings

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m")
(add-to-list 'exec-path "/usr/local/bin")
(require 'w3m-load)

If you have prior knowledge of this problem or otherwise have useful solutions to this problem I would appreciate your generous reply.

Thank you very much for your consideration,
Anthony Sherbondy