w3m-session problems

I am using a cvs version from a few weeks ago.  w3m-version says w3m/0.5.2.

I don't know if the following is fixable with settings, but it does
not seem to be, from the settings that I tried.

w3m-session saves automatically, which is a good thing.  But I keep
losing my sessions because:

1.  It doesn't ask me to load sessions when I run w3m.  This sometimes
leads me to:

2.  Run w3m on a single search (say) and then quit it without loading
sessions first.  This causes the last (big) session to be overwritten
with the trivial single search session that I just loaded.  Also:

3.  If emacs crashes, it doesn't always save sessions.

Here are some solutions:

1.  Always save the previous automatically saved session to "older
sessions" when w3m saves automatically.  Keep a limit of 10
automatically saved sessions.  Then you can always go back to the big
session even if you temporarily did a search before loading.

2.  Save every few minutes when necessary.  (Not sure if this is working.)

3.  Optionally ask you whether you want to load sessions.

I also have some other suggestions.  These are minor:

1.  The word "session" makes people think of multiple tabs, just as in
a GUI browser.  But w3m uses it for a single web page AND for the
concept of saving sessions (w3m-sessions.el).  This is confusing.
Perhaps a "session" can be renamed.

2.  Session labels cause dates to extend past right side of screen in
the session history.  Perhaps dates can be put on the left.

Thanks.

ありがとうございます。

--
For personal gain, myalgic encephalomyelitis denialists are knowingly
causing further suffering and death by grossly corrupting science.  Do