w3m-session problems

I am using a cvs version from a few weeks ago.  w3m-version says w3m/0.5.2.

I don't know if the following is fixable with settings, but it does
not seem to be, from the settings that I tried.

w3m-session saves automatically, which is a good thing.  But I keep
losing my sessions because:

1.  It doesn't ask me to load sessions when I run w3m.  This sometimes
leads me to:

2.  Run w3m on a single search (say) and then quit it without loading
sessions first.  This causes the last (big) session to be overwritten
with the trivial single search session that I just loaded.  Also:

3.  If emacs crashes, it doesn't always save sessions.

Here are some solutions:

1.  Always save the previous automatically saved session to "older
sessions" when w3m saves automatically.  Keep a limit of 10
automatically saved sessions.  Then you can always go back to the big
session even if you temporarily did a search before loading.

2.  Save every few minutes when necessary.  (Not sure if this is working.)

3.  Optionally ask you whether you want to load sessions.

I also have some other suggestions.  These are minor:

1.  The word "session" makes people think of multiple tabs, just as in
a GUI browser.  But w3m uses it for a single web page AND for the
concept of saving sessions (w3m-sessions.el).  This is confusing.
Perhaps a "session" can be renamed.

2.  Session labels cause dates to extend past right side of screen in
the session history.  Perhaps dates can be put on the left.

For personal gain, myalgic encephalomyelitis denialists are knowingly
causing further suffering and death by grossly corrupting science.  Do
you care about the world?