Re: w3m-session and emacs23

>> Thanks for the confirmation.  I'll install it with mapping to
>> the `C-c C-l' key (objection?).

I've installed it in CVS as is.  You can get it from

http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

or using anonymous read-only CVS, see:

http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/index-en.html

> I don't know, I'm quite used with the 'f' mapping so any others
> mapping would be strange.

We'd like to reserve such a single key stroke for the future
expansion.  If the single `f' key is mapped to a command, it
blocks introducing two or more key strokes like `f a', `f a a',
etc.  In other words, commands that keys beginning with `f' are
more suitable might appear in the future.  But you can use `f'
for `w3m-go-to-linknum' by yourself, of course.  To do that, add
the following line to your ~/.emacs-w3m.el file:

(define-key w3m-mode-map "f" 'w3m-go-to-linknum)

> Are you going to release a new version of emacs-w3m which has this new
> mapping ?

> The releases on the web sites are quite old.

Yes, it's a trouble to me, too. :<  The chief, TSUCHIYA Masatoshi,
said that there are some incomplete features that stop the release.
They are listed in:

http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m/BUGS.ja?view=auto
(All are written in Japanese, sorry.)

Though I don't think so very much.  I think releasing, even if
there are some bugs, would be better rather than remaining the
very old one.

Regards,