Re: using filter correctly?

In [emacs-w3m : No.12102] Samuel Wales wrote:
> It is the first item of `w3m-filter-configuration', and
> `w3m-filter-rules' is nil.

> I ran edebug on it [it does get called], and the buffer is blank.
> That must be the reason for the search not working, but I do not know
> the reason why it would be blank.  The page shows after the filter is
> run.

The buffer where your filter runs is " *w3m-work*" (or perhaps
" *w3m-work*-123456").  Note that the name begins with SPC.
Here is a handy way to view that buffer while e-debugging.  Add
something like this snippet to the beginning of your filter
function:

 (let ((pop-up-frames t)) (pop-to-buffer (current-buffer)))