Re: w3m-form allows editing when it shouldn't

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> In [emacs-w3m : No.12146] Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> [...]
>> This happens when using the PicoLisp wiki
>> (http://picolisp.com/5000/!wiki?home), an application that is explicitly
>> designed to work with text-browsers too.
>
>> So a recipe to reproduce this behaviour would simply be to
>> register/login in the PicoLisp wiki with a normal browser, goto
>> 'Documents' or so, select a document and try to edit the text areas
>> without pressing the 'edit' button first - and then repeat the same
>> steps in emacs-w3m.
>
> Er, could you let me know the way to visit an editable document,
> and also the way to create and delete a document for a test? :)
> I feel like it's hard to inhibit editing when the Edit button is
> not pressed, but the second issue you brought up may be fixed
> (I might not be capable to do it, though).

Here is a reccipe (I sent you login data for a test account in a private
email) assuming you use a standard browser like chromium:

 1. login
 2. click Documents in the menu
 3. click on the @ before 'testfile' on top of the list -> document edit form
   - try editing -> you can't, fields are blocked.
   - click 'edit'
   - edit the text, click preview, add summary, click minor-edit
   - click 'done'

You will see the edits are saved and preserved.

Now repeat the same thing in emacs-w3m. As described,

 - you can edited de-activated forms, but edits are lost ('edit' not pressed)
 - when you edit activated text areas in a dedicated buffer, edits are lost
   too ('edit' pressed)

I'll take care to delete the testfiles, just let me know when you are done
(and when I can assist you in any way).

--
cheers,
Thorsten