Re: w3m-form - textarea submission does not work

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> In [emacs-w3m : No.12147] Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>> related to my earlier post today here another problem I hit while
>> editing the PicoLisp wiki (http://picolisp.com/5000/!wiki?home) with
>> emacs-w3m (PicoLisp applications are explicitly designed to work with
>> text-browsers too).
>
>> A recipe to reproduce this problem would be to register/login in the
>> PicoLisp wiki with a normal browser, goto 'Documents' or so, select a
>> document and try to edit the text areas *with* pressing the 'edit'
>> button first - and then repeat the same steps in emacs-w3m.
>
>> In the first case, when pressing the 'done' button after the edits, all
>> edits are successfully submitted to the database and thus show up when
>> the edited document is refreshed in the browser.
>
>> In the 2nd case, only the changes in text-fields (with mini-buffer
>> input) are successfully submitted and saved, the text-area edits in the
>> dedicated 'w3m-form-input-textarea-mode' buffer are lost after doing
>
>> ,---------------------------------------------------
>>| C-c C-c Set the value and exit from this textarea.
>> `---------------------------------------------------
>
>> and then pressing the 'done' button to commit the changes to the DB -
>> although there is no error message or any other indication that
>> something went wrong.
>
> So far I got no idea for making C-c C-c work as well as the button
> press.  While things to be sent are obviously different between
> them, both have been working for many web sites.  Though emacs-w3m
> will work even if the C-c C-c feature is lost, I don't want to do
> it.  Maybe we need people having excellent knowledge about the http
> communication (and ELisp, of course).

I tried it again with the testfile in the PicoLisp wiki - and maybe it
was only a user error? Because the submission steps seem to be:

[...edit textarea...]
1. C-c C-c in the *w3m form textarea* buffer
2. C-c C-c again (!) in the web-page textarea
3. press the 'Done' button

Then it actually seems to work!

I always omitted step 2 before, because I thought the C-c C-c in the
*w3m form textarea* buffer already sends the input.

So this might be no bug but just a misunderstanding by me - then sorry
for the noise.

--
cheers,
Thorsten