Re: delay with close tab

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> (defadvice w3m-delete-buffer (after update-tab-bar activate)
>   "Update tab bar right after deleting a tab."
>   (when (eq major-mode 'w3m-mode)
>     (setq w3m-tab-timer nil)
>     (w3m-tab-line)))

I tried this, but no affect:

(defadvice w3m-delete-buffer (after update-tab-bar activate)
  "Update tab bar right after deleting a tab."
  (when (eq major-mode 'w3m-mode)
    (setq w3m-tab-timer nil)
    (w3m-tab-line)))

(defun w3m-close-tab ()
  (interactive)
  (w3m-delete-buffer)

  ;;; this didn't work, either:
  ;; (setq w3m-tab-timer nil)
  ;; (w3m-tab-line)
  )

Actually, there isn't a "delay". I said that, but that
was a mistake. The closing (closed?) tab gets red, and
the focused gets yellow (those faces are my setup for
w3m-tab-unselected and w3m-tab-selected), and then it
does *not* "delay", it *stays* like that until I strike
another key.

As for: is the buffer still there? I don't know,
because when I get to the incorrect state (closed tab
still there), I cannot make any keystroke (to bring up
the buffer list or assess a variable), because as soon
as I do, the tab bar refreshes and doesn't show the
closed tab anymore. (After that, there is no buffer, so
that's good.)

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573