Re: w3m-goto-url with URL containing colons?

Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@xxxxxx> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> 1. G (or M-x w3m-goto-url-new-session)
>>
>> 2. org-mode :ARCHIVE:
>>
>> and then get
>>
>> ,----
>> | Location: org-mode :ARCHIVE:
>> | Cannot retrieve URL: org-mode%20:ARCHIVE:
>> |
>> | Something seems to be wrong with URL or this system.
>> `----
>
> Sorry, but I'm missing something important.  What feature do you want to
> use here, performing the search?  Is this something that comes with org,
> or does "org-mode" refer to an entry in your `w3m-search-engine-alist'?

no no - using 'g' or 'G' in emacs-w3m lets you either enter a URL or a
google search string. If its a valid URL, its visited, otherwise input
is used for a google search.

"org-mode :ARCHIVE:"

is just users (i.e. my) mini-buffer input after doing 'g' or 'G', and
since its not a valid URL, its treated like a google search string.

> Because, if I do
>
>    G org-mode ARCHIVE RET
>
> I do get a similar message.

strange - maybe I have more emacs-w3m configurations than I'm aware of?
This works for me as a normal Google search:

,----
| Location: http://www.google.com/search?btnI=I%'m+Feeling+Lucky&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=org-mode+ARCHIVE
| [...]
| About 14, 000, 000 results
|
|  1. Archiving - The Org Manual - Org-mode
|
|     orgmode.org/manual/Archiving.html
|     ‎
|       + Cached
|       + Similar
|     9.6 Archiving. When a project represented by a (sub)tree is
|     finished, you may want to move the tree out of the way and to
|     stop it from contributing to the agenda .
|  [...]
`----

Its only the colons that cause trouble for me.

--
cheers,
Thorsten