Re: language quibbles

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:43:29 -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
>>           XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Desktop"

Those things are dreadful msdos-isms really. :)

> Maybe I wanted to put an excuse for the reason why the saved page
> that Firefox etc. displays sometimes gets poorer than the one it
> usually displays.  I decided to delete the sentence.  Even if it
> is important, there is a better place, that is the Info manual.
> (Beat me and the emacs-w3m team.  We've been lazy on it for years.)

Yes I'd think the manual would be enough there.  You could note it's
rare (fortunately), but very stupid, when servers give different content
to different browsers.

>> 3] Suggestion: Variable `w3m-content-type-alist' could use external
>>    program "xdg-open".

There's some good gnus bits to spawn by mailcap plus configs inside
emacs.  Last I looked I don't think you have to run gnus to call them.