Re: bookmark file not reloaded until w3m restart

Boruch Baum wrote:

>> To double-confirm the original problem,
>> I went to the bookmark file, using my key for
>>
>> (defun w3m-show-bookmarks ()
>>   (interactive)
>>   (w3m-new-tab "bookmarks")
>>   (w3m-bookmark-view t) ) ; RELOAD
>
> Oooooo...
>
> I don't have functions `w3m-show-bookmarks'

Well, now you do :) [1]

> or even `w3m-new-tab'...

Here: [2]

I did a lot of such big and small little
helpers when I started do Emacs some 10+ years
ago. For the most part, they have served me
well, but as I grew more experienced,
I realized probably lots'a them stuff were/is
probably already there, I just didn't know
about it back then, and to be honest, as the
stuff typically worked, I still don't! If it
ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

This might be a case when something actually
_is_ broke, tho.

If anyone wants to browse my
w3m stuff (8 files) [3] and prune what's
unnecessary/inefficient, be my guest :) You
might even find/get some new idea or two, who
knows? :))

[1] line 45 @ https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/bookmarks.el
[2] line 11 @ https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/w3m-tabs.el
[3] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/w3m/