Re: Unable to download mp3 files

On 2021-01-03 23:16, aalinovi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've gone thru M-x customize-group RET w3m RET several times, line by
> line. There is no variable 'w3m-content-type-alist'.

I double-checked and you are correct that the variable doesn't appear in
the customize-group buffer. It does exist, is used, and any of us can
modify it at our own risk (that would include me, which I've been doing
for so long I forgot it wasn't a defcustom variable). For reference, do
examine the variable contents using M-x describe-variable; for
modification using the customize-group interface, look for variable
w3m-encoding-type-alist.

But first ....

Try downloading the file directly from w3m, outside of emacs. I have no
trouble doing that, and if you do, then it would seem to be a
configuration issue there, not in emacs-w3m.

w3m maintains its own mimetype database, usually at ~/.w3m/mailcap

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0