Re: Unable to download mp3 files

In [emacs-w3m:13731]
On Sun, 03 Jan 2021 10:21:57 -0500, aalinovi@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> There is a website "www.bluesbeforesunrise.org" that I visit each Sunday
> morning to download the mp3 files of the previous evening's show.

Isn't it due to the barefoot w3m, i.e., the w3m executable, not
emacs-w3m?

> I have no problem doing this with the lynx browser, but w3m tells me:

> http error 406.0 - Not Acceptable. The resource cannot be displayed
> because the file extension is not being accepted by your browser.

I got the same error when I tried to open a mp3 file in the
terminal emulator that runs:

$ w3m http://www.bluesbeforesunrise.org

I meant I guess the barefoot w3m doesn't support or is designed
to reject mp3 natively.  Why Boruch Baum does it is he uses the
own version of emacs-w3m that uses wget to download files (the
ordinal version of emacs-w3m uses w3m to download files).  Some
kind of setting may perhaps make w3m support mp3, though I don't
know what it is.

Regards,