Re: w3m doesn't display messages with text/html mime-type properly

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late response.  This message is CC'ed to the
emacs-w3m community.

> Oort Gnus v0.17
> GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
>  of 2002-03-22 on raven, modified by Debian
> 200 quimby.gnus.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.2.2 13-Dec-1999 ready (posting ok).

> With mm-text-html-renderer set to 'w3m, messages with
> Content-type set to text/html are not displayed properly.

> TABing in the *Article* buffer doesn't move point anywhere but
> through the headers (From, To).  To reach the links in the body of the
> message, point must be moved to the first line of the body and,
> after this is done, TAB will cycle through the links in body, but
> not the headers.

In the area of the article buffer rendered by emacs-w3m, the TAB
key is assigned to the `w3m-next-anchor' command, since the
`w3m-minor-mode' is activated there.  As you've experienced,
some keys in the `w3m-minor-mode-map' can't be used for the Gnus
commands.  However, those commands are very useful to stroll
through the text/html area.  I hope users get acclimated to the
feature. :)
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>