jde + emacs-w3m problem

hi,

i'm using emacs 21.3.1 with emacs-w3m 0.4.2 and jde 2.3.3beta6
(although my problem is exactly the same with jde 2.3.2) on a debian
unstable box.

when i launch the emacs-w3m _after_ loading jde, the emacs-w3m browser
hangs when fontifying any web page i visit. emacs just freezes, and
i've noticed that it is consuming almost all the cpu, so that most
probably it enters an infinite loop (a hup signal kills the emacs
process immediately).

i obtain this behaviour also when using 'emacs -q', so that i'm quite
sure that it is not caused by any configuration of mine.

since i use w3m on a daily basis, and plan to use jde too, this
problem is really a showstopper for me. i've tried to have a look at
the source, but i don't know where or what to look for. and of course
i have no idea of whether jde, w3m-el or emacs is the real culprit.

i'd really appreciate any help or ideas.

best regards,
jao