Re: A user menu in the wrong position

>>> I always found the position of the menus somewhat surprising, but
>>> imagined that there was a good reason behind it.  If there isn't,
>>> moving them to a more usual location would be nice...

> On 2007-02-01, Katsumi Yamaoka said:

>> I thought the leftmost place of the menu bar is the best.
>> Contrarily, menu items in the rightmost place will easily disappear
>> when there are many items or a user uses a big font or shrinks the
>> frame width, like a clock and minor modes disappear in the mode
>> line.

> For emacs-w3m alone, it doesn't matter where the "w3m", "bookmark" and
> "Tab" are placed. But "File", "Edit" "Options" etc are present in
> almost all modes. Making them dislodged from the usual places causes
> surprise.

> Many packages in Emacs have already brought more than 3 items into the
> menu bar for example outline-mode, message-mode and gnus etc. And for
> modern monitors, the menubar and toolbar have only taken 40% of the
> screen width as in my two year old computer.

All except Leo, Romain, and me seem not to be interested in this
issue. ;-)

But I've implemented the new user option `w3m-menu-on-forefront'.
The default value is nil, and customizing of the value is
reflected into the actual menu bar appearance immediately.  Of
course it is effective on XEmacs as well.  Try:

M-x customize-option RET w3m-menu-on-forefront RET

Regards,