Re: w3m eats spaces

>> I think this patch will fix it.

>> [w3m-dev 04238] [patch] simple preserve space
>> http://www.sic.med.tohoku.ac.jp/~satodai/w3m-dev/200705.month/4238.html

[...]

>> But I do not know whether it is correct approarch.

> Even if the change might cause a side effect, it seems to be
> harmless.  So, I hope the patch is applied to w3m officially.
> Anyway, I'm going to try using the patched w3m for a while.

I realized there is one problem that cannot be tolerated in the
patch.  Japanese text can be folded even at the middle of a word,
but a program should never put space characters there when
rendering the text.  However, not only the patched w3m but also
Firefox 3.0 do it.  OTOH, the original w3m and IE 7 do not it.
I'm confused, but I feel like that the original w3m and IE 7 do
the right thing.  You can test it with this page:

http://www.jpl.org/test-20080702.html

Maybe the best way w3m goes is to preserve only space characters
between graphical characters.

Regards,