Re: `g' and `G' do not provide current url as the initial minibuffer contents

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> In addition to this, I've improved the `M-n' command behavior.
> When entering a url string, now it offers the url of the current
> page as an initial content even if there is no link under the
> cursor.  This is just what I sometimes wanted, so I'll probably
> never set the new user option. ;-)

Nice.  I'd thought that too but never got around to asking for it :-).
It'd be tempting to have just that M-n.  But perhaps the O.P. likes
initial input more.

There isn't any general mechanism for a kind of automatic M-n "initial
input from default" when entering the minibuffer is there?  That could
be a novel user-preference in other contexts too.

--
When Mrs Jones found herself on a boat approaching a beacon set on a
craggy windswept island she began to wonder whether she misunderstood