Re: Search engine duckduckgo URL results 404

On 2020-07-03 11:51, Tomas Nordin wrote:
> Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > The fix that works for me to be able to use the new duckduckgo website
> > is to modify the entry in variale w3m-search-engine-alist to
> >
> >     ("duckduckgo" "https://lite.duckduckgo.com/lite"; utf-8 "q=%s")
>
> This is the hard coded default as far as I can see (for duckduckgo) in
> `w3m-search-engine-alist'.

Hmm. The first question that I should ask is "Exactly what emacs
key-sequence did you use to verify that current setting of yours for
w3m-search-engine-alist"?

> The result for me using this as the engine with `w3m-search' is that I
> get to https://lite.duckduckgo.com/lite with an empty search bar, (the
> search term I entered in mini-buffer had no effect).

The behavior you described is identical to that of the original bug
report, which turned out to be due to how duckduckgo servers were/are
performing the redirect to the new domain.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0