Mule-UCS and emacs-w3m (Re: mailing list?)

I must apologize to all that I was foolish enough to spread a
misunderstanding of Mule-UCS and emacs-w3m, oops.

> [...], you only need to put the line (require 'un-define) in .emacs
> file.  In addition, emacs-w3m will load Mule-UCS (un-define) by
> itself, so there is nothing to be done if you use Mule-UCS only for
> emacs-w3m.

Nope.  emacs-w3m will never load Mule-UCS by default.

  You need to put the line (require 'un-define) in .emacs file
  before loading w3m(.elc) to use the Mule-UCS features.

Otherwise,

  you may customize the option `w3m-use-mule-ucs' to ON, or put
  the line (setq w3m-use-mule-ucs t) in .emacs file before
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>