Re: w3m doesn't display messages with text/html mime-type properly

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> I think the main problem is that emacs-w3m doesn't support the
> widget buttons.  Then, I tried to make emacs-w3m imitate widget
> buttons.  It's an imitation but also a real widget button.  You
> can move about in a Gnus article buffer using TAB key seamlessly.
> Is it what you want? :)

This works for me!

Note that some people prefer to have w3m do the text/html rendering
for articles but have browse-url-browser-function set to something
else.  They would prefer that links they follow use
browse-url-browser-function rather than w3m directly.

I tried to use defadvice on w3m-safe-view-this-url, but failed
miserably.  Would it be possible to change w3m-safe-view-this-url to
something like the following?

(defun w3m-safe-view-this-url ()
   "Use browser function."
 (interactive)
 (browse-url (w3m-anchor)))

In any case, thanks for your patch.

Mark.

--
You are a mystery as deep as the sea; the more I search, the more
I find, and the more I find the more I search for you.