Re: w3m-search.el

>> On Sat, 24 May 2003 11:59:28 +0200
>> romain@orebokech.com (Romain FRANCOISE) said as follows:

>> I propose the attached change that improves w3m-uri-replace() to
>> support all modifications used in w3m-search-quick-search-handler().

>You probably meant

>+		  (cond
>+		   ((functionp (cadr elem))
>+		    (apply (cadr elem) uri (cddr elem)))

>instead of

>+		  (cond
>+		   ((functionp (cdr elem))
>+		    (apply (cadr elem) uri (cddr elem)))

I am sorry that I made a mistake in creating the attached patch.
I have commited the right version of w3m-uri-replace().

>Apart from that, I think it's less generic than the hook solution I
>proposed, but you obviously weren't a big fan of it, so let's move on
>and use your solution.

I agree that my proposal is less generic than your one.  I think that
this difference is a natural outcome caused by a difference between
their purposes; your proposal intends to generalize the framework
rewriting URIs, and my proposal intends to simplify it.

Finally, I have commited my proposal.  Thank you for your many
comments.

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi