Re: windows-1252

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> wrote:

>>> However I'm not sure whether it is a right solution (I don't
>>> feel like recognizing those extra data as iso-8859-1, though I'm
>>> not familiar with the actual situation in the Latin world).  In
>>> addition, it is not effective in the Gnus article buffer.
>
>> What's the problem in article buffers?
>
> Because w3m-current-content-charset is nil, w3m-fix-fscked-latin-1
> does nothing (I checked it only with sb-zeit-de).  We need a way
> to know the contents use Latin-1 and the extra data there.

That's true. However, Dave's patch fixed the issue when viewing the
pages in w3m but I couldn't view the correctly with your code (neither
in gnus, nor in w3m). Maybe though that your code just provides
windows-1252 and I simply couldn't persuade emacs to actually use it.
By the way, when I inserted your code in my .emacs and tried to view
the page in w3m, I typed C c windows-1252<TAB><TAB> and was presented
with to options for completion which I could tell apart. Very strange.

Regards,

Elias