Re: nnrss should borrow nnshibmun's RSS date processor...or something

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>> P.S. I've also fixed the way to fill text/plain parts.
>
>> Ha!  I've noticed some problems in this area but haven't tracked them down
>> yet.  Your changes don't seem to make a difference for me.  For example,
>> when I W Q in the Summary buffer this text/plain part:
>
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/arstechnica/BAaf?m=1590
>> Ars Technica is at CES 2006, and this quick item will detail how our coverage
>> will pan out over the next few days.
>
>> gets filled to this:
>
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/arstechnica/BAaf?m=1590
>> Ars Technica is at CES 2006, and this quick item will detail how our
>> coverage
>> will pan out over the next few days.
>
>> fill-column is set to 75.
>
> No, what I changed was not the `W Q' code.  Formerly, no matter
> how it was long, nnrss always generated a single long line in
> the text/plain part like this:
> #v+
> Ars Technica is at CES 2006, and this quick item will detail how our coverage will pan out over the next few days.
> #v-
> What I did in nnrss.el was to fold the text/plain part, binding
> fill-column to 7/8 of the window width.
>
> BTW, reading <http://feeds.feedburner.com/arstechnica/> using
> nnrss gave me a hint.  Some articles contain html tags, e.g.,
> parts (they are quoted like "&lt;p&gt;" in the xml source).
> Perhaps we might need to render such contents properly.  I don't
> have an idea how to do it, though.

This brings me back to wondering about the utility of text/plain parts in
RSS feed articles.  I mean the "right" way to handle <p>, <blockquote>, and
such is to render them as HTML which is what happens when you look at the
text/html part.  You never know what HTML tags are going to show up in RSS
articles so you have handle them all.