Re: can't scroll down through large images easily

> There are still some problems with this page however:

>   http://imagecomics.com/blog.php

> It has lots of large images.  Some of them I can scroll though, and
> some I can't.  The 'scroll back' effect I was seeing before happens on
> this page, but it is happening immediately (like less than 0.1
> seconds), not on a 0.5 second timer.

That's a deed of Emacs.  While Emacs 22 has been much improved
for scrolling images, it is not enough for all cases.

cf. http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs/thread=16320

>> Although there is no difference in the sense that Emacs is not a
>> good image viewer for huge images, we have the `M-[' command.

> I just tried that command on the 'palette' image on the
>   http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines
> page, and it changed the background colour of the image.

> Could it be that zooming out images doesn't respect transparent
> backgrounds?

I was aware of the problem.  Emacs-w3m uses the `convert' program
of the ImageMagick package to resize images.  It has
the `-transparent COLOR' option, so we might be able to keep
the transparency of images if we can know COLOR (that should be
transparent) of original images.  Though it doesn't seem to be easy.

Regards,