Re: can't scroll down through large images easily

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I was aware of the problem.  Emacs-w3m uses the `convert' program
> of the ImageMagick package to resize images.  It has
> the `-transparent COLOR' option, so we might be able to keep
> the transparency of images if we can know COLOR (that should be
> transparent) of original images.  Though it doesn't seem to be easy.

It seems that the `convert' program is resizing the image correctly,
and keeping it transparent, but Emacs is unable to display the result
correctly.

Viewing the converted image in The GIMP or gqview shows that it is
still transparent, so this is probably an Emacs bug.

I have reported it to emacs-pretest-bug.