Re: delay with close tab

Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@xxxxxx> writes:

> FWIW; i sometimes see something similar when opening urls in the
> background (S-TAB).  Although the new page seems to have been completely
> loaded and formatted, the according tab is still in red and says
> "retrieving".  Doing anything triggering a redisplay corrects that.  If
> I don't do something triggering redisplay, the tab will be never
> refreshed, no matter how long I wait.

I found out that when I replace the definition of
`w3m-force-window-update-later' by

(defun w3m-force-window-update-later (&optional buffer seconds)
  (run-with-timer (or seconds 0.5) nil
		  (lambda (buffer)
		    (w3m-force-window-update))
		  (or buffer (current-buffer))))

the problem is fixed.  I don't say that we should do this, but
presumably the condition

(eq (get-buffer-window buffer t) (selected-window))

in the original defun is not fulfilled when opening stuff with S-TAB in
the background.

Regards,

Michael.