Re: emacs-w3m on Xemacs without mule(non-member post) (non-member post)

From: Mats Lidell <Mats.Lidell@contactor.se> said,
Subject: [emacs-w3m:02063] Re: emacs-w3m on Xemacs without mule (non-member post) (non-member post)
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:38:48 +0100

TSUCHIYA> Mr. Shirai said that this problem might be the bug occurs when XEmacs
TSUCHIYA> is used on Solaris and when the value of `w3m-process-connection-type'
TSUCHIYA> equals nil in [emacs-w3m:02030].  This bug had reported, but we have
TSUCHIYA> no measure to solve it still now.

TSUCHIYA> Would you check your using environment?

Mats> Yes, I see this problem with XEmacs on Solaris and with
Mats> w3m-process-connection-type = nil.

I'm solved this problem. Please try my ad-hoc solvent.

(1) Get the newest emacs-w3m from CVS server.

    % cvs -d :pserver:guest@cvs.namazu.org:/storage/cvsroot login
    CVS password: guest
    % cvs -d :pserver:guest@cvs.namazu.org:/storage/cvsroot co -r emacs-w3m-1_2 emacs-w3m
 or
    % cvs -d :pserver:guest@cvs.namazu.org:/storage/cvsroot co emacs-w3m

 And install it.
 Caution!! the HEAD of CVS does not support XEmacs *without Mule*, sorry.

(2) Apply a patch 'emacs-w3m/patches/w3m-0.2.1-inu-1.5-solaris-xemacs.patch'
  to your w3m. This patch was created from 'w3m-0.2.1-inu-1.5' as below.

http://mi.med.tohoku.ac.jp/~satodai/w3m/inu/200110/w3m-0.2.1-inu-1.5.tar.gz

  But I think easy to apply this patch to other w3m version or
  its variants.

TNX.

--
Hideyuki SHIRAI

... sorry Japanese.
CVS の Head は *without Mule* では動かない、という認識正しいです
よね?

あと、めちゃくちゃな英語なので『これじゃ相手に伝わらない』と思わ
れた方は是非 (_ _) 修正してやってください。