Re: Suggest improve tool-bar

On 2007-01-26, Katsumi Yamaoka said:

>> I actually have deleted all xpm icons from Emacs's access.
>
> [...]
>
>> If you use 'display' from 'ImageMagick' to show FOO.png, you can see
>> it is not transparent either. So it is not emacs's fault and I
>> certainly wouldn't expect Emacs to have better graphic power than
>> 'display' ;)
>
> Hmm, `display' uses the transparent pattern for those backgrounds.
> And the value of `w3m-toolbar-back-icon' surely contains PNG images.
> That's a mystery.  Could anyone who uses LUCID Emacs also verify it?
> The patch to w3m-e21.el is in the article [emacs-w3m:09099] and the
> PNG icons are in:

My bad. I didn't notice the png icons were displayed with a white
color for transparent. So the conclusion is lucid-emacs can't support
transparent png properly.

Chong Yidong explained this issue here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/65266/match=transparent

However, it can show a disabled button without using another icon
(those *-disabled.xpm). I think this can be added to cvs.