Re: Remaining TODOs to finish migration from CVS to Git

On 2019-01-31 11:07, TSUCHIYA Masatoshi wrote:
> >> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 14:41:36 -0500
> >> boruch_baum@xxxxxxx (Boruch Baum) said as follows:
> >5) It wouldn't hurt to notify the emacs-devel mailing list. Surely, not
> > _everyone_ there is using eww...
>
> I received the e-mail from the emacs development team about 15 years
> ago.  They asked me about the integration of emacs-w3m into emacs
> itself.  Unfortunately, the copyright condition of w3m itself was a
> barrier.

I didn't mean to suggest re-opening that old issue. My feeling is that
there will be people on the list who have a community interest in this
project, and would welcome hearing the news. For some subscribers on
that list, it might even be the first they've heard of the project. 15
years is a long time not to be in touch.

> 7) Do you know the method to notify new pull requests on GitHub to
> emacs-w3m@xxxxxxxxxx?

In principle, yes; however, I don't have personal experience using the
method. What you are describing is what github calls "webhooks", a
method of pushing an HTTP POST request in response to a github event. This
url[1] gives a description of the feature, and does mention that it
includes a hook for pull-request events. The url has a long list of
other events that might be of interest to you. A more technical and
detailed presentation of the github webhook API can be found here[2].

[1] https://developer.github.com/webhooks/
[2] https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/hooks/
--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0