Re: Remaining TODOs to finish migration from CVS to Git

>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 14:41:36 -0500
>> boruch_baum@xxxxxxx (Boruch Baum) said as follows:

>> If you have any idea about something left, could you post it to this
>> mailing list?

>What immediately comes to mind is the need to:

>1) update the project readme and documentation references to reflect the
> new URLs.

>2) update the namazu website.

>3) update the emacswiki website.

Well, I know.  However, I am still worried about the suitable service of
our project home page.  GitHub Pages is a good service to use easily,
however, I am still unhappy as an English non-native because GitHub
Pages does not support content negotiation feature.  The current project
page (http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org) uses it, and we can see an
appropriate page automatically.

Anyway, when we will complete the new project home page, we will have to
the above three tasks.

>4) The github site doesn't seem to have its 'wiki' option enabled. You
> can find the link on the tab bar after "Code Issues Pull requests
> Projects". This can be a great place for user contribution of tips,
> documentation, and snippets, and it can be in multiple languages,
> although the default should of course be Hebrew.

I pushed the first page.

>5) It wouldn't hurt to notify the emacs-devel mailing list. Surely, not
> _everyone_ there is using eww...

I received the e-mail from the emacs development team about 15 years
ago.  They asked me about the integration of emacs-w3m into emacs
itself.  Unfortunately, the copyright condition of w3m itself was a
barrier.

>6) The project doesn't seem to have a history of posting news on the
> websites softpedia or freshfoss. Normally, those sites are used for
> announcing any new software releases, even small and minor ones, but
> it might be appropriate to contact them. HOWEVER, I suggest first
> performing #1-4 above, first.

Right.

7) Do you know the method to notify new pull requests on GitHub to
emacs-w3m@xxxxxxxxxx?

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi