github notifications [WAS: Remaining TODOs to finish migration from CVS to Git]

On 2019-02-01 23:07, TSUCHIYA Masatoshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, the notification setting seems to be insufficient for my
> purpose.

Hmmm, how about trying a hack based upon my other suggestion?

>> Yet another simple method that _anyone_ can use to receive email
>> notification directly to _their_ _own_ email address is to use github's
>> "watch" feature. Log in to github, press the "watch" button (with the
>> eye icon) on the upper right of a repository of interest, and Github
>> will send email notifications for all of that repository's events to the
>> email address associated with your github account.

The hack would be to create a new github account, using the mailing
list's email address as the account email address. Then, log in to that
account, and 'watch' the emacs-w3m/emacs-w3m project. A potential
problem with this idea might be that github might end up sending other
maintenance and administrative emails; that should be able to be
filtered out by only allowing email from github.com when it includes the
string "emacs-w3m".

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0