Restricting the width of the title (was Re: Problems with refresh)

>> 2. How can I restrict the space used to show the buffer title in the
>> mode line? Often I'd rather like to see the line number and percentage
>> on the right hand side than having everything pushed out of sight by
>> long urls.

> There's not yet, too.  But I think it is necessary to do it in
> the near future.

I've installed it in the CVS trunk.  The length of the title
string will be expanded and contracted dynamically according to
the change of the window width.  But it works with only Emacs 22
and newer.  The means to know the width of the full text
displayed in the mode line is necessary to know how much the
title string should be truncated.  It is `format-mode-line',
which is available only in Emacs 22 and newer.

Although it is possible to restrict the length of the title to
the fixed value, I don't want to add such a customizable option
any further.

The same message written in Japanese follows...