Re: w3m-form allows editing when it shouldn't

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> In [emacs-w3m : No.12157] Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>>> BTW, I found a problem that the recent change causes.  That is,
>>> I can't read text in a form fully if the text is longer than the
>>> width of the form.  I must somehow fix it soon.
>>
>> Fixed.  Now disabled or readonly textarea is shown in read-only
>> `view-mode'.
>
> I found out that it is still possible to edit checkboxes in emacs-w3m
> even if the 'Edit' button is not pressed and they should be disabled.
>
> Unfortunately I can't give you a recipe to reproduce, since in the
> PicoLisp wiki, only in "My Account" "Role Administration" there are
> checkboxes, and this page is only accessible with admin rights.

Correction:

almost all forms in the wiki have the

 - [ ] This is a minor edit

checkbox, so a recipe would be to log into the PicoLisp wiki, goto
"My Account", Documents, click on the @ before 'testfile', and toggle the
above checkbox without pressing the edit button before. Its possible in
emacs-w3m, although it probably shouldn't (but this is not a major issue,
because in the worst case all that is lost is a mark in a checkbox when the
deactivated form is submitted).

--
cheers,
Thorsten